Photo Booth Host
Are you looking to earn extra money on weekends? Are you fun and personable? Are you looking for work that can fit around your current studies, job, business or commitments? Do you have a driver’s license and your own car? If so, please read on…
Who We Are
Epic Entertainment is an upbeat, fun, and growing entertainment company that provides DJ’s, Photo Booth Hosts, Décor Lighting, and more, for occasions such as, weddings, corporate events, private parties, school dances, and other special occasions.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be expected to deliver, set up, and manage our photo booth(s) at events across San Luis Obispo County and Santa Barbara County. No two events will ever be the same and you will meet lots of new people from all walks of life and get a chance to enjoy event food!
The work is event-based, and the dates, times and locations will always be specified by the client, so punctuality and attendance are crucial. You will be working primarily on your own but interacting with a lot of guests and are an important part of the event team!
Your role will be to:
- Pick up the photo booth from Epic Entertainment at 675 W. Grand Ave, Grover Beach, CA.
- Drive to the assigned venue and arrive 1 1⁄2 – 2 hours before the event is scheduled to begin.
- Assemble the photo booth (it comes boxed and can be assembled within 1 hour).
- Manage the photo booth for the duration of the hire (normally 3-9 hours) which involves greeting guests when they come to take their photos, showing them how to use the photo booth, troubleshooting the photo booth when needed, and always making sure to bring a positive, upbeat attitude to every event.
- Disassemble the photo booth at the end of the hire and pack it away into your car.
- Drive back to Epic Entertainment and return all photo booth equipment.
You must be able to lift without assistance as this role requires lifting cases and equipment in and out of your vehicle and at the venue. Most of our events take place on the weekends in the afternoons and into the evenings. Most events require availability between noon – midnight, so flexibility regarding hours is important.
You will work the first couple events with one of our experienced members of staff until you have learned the ins and outs of the hardware and software of the photo
booth(s) and feel confident to work on your own. You will be required to arrive with a professional and groomed appearance, dress professionally (black slacks & button up shirt), and wear closed toed shoes.
- ➢ Must be 18 years or older.
- ➢ Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and your owndependable vehicle.
- ➢ Must speak fluent English, and any other languages are always a plus!
- ➢ Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- ➢ Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- ➢ Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, lift, and stand for long periods of time.
- ➢ Must be customer service oriented and provide a positive, upbeat and funexperience in your interactions with the guests.
- ➢ Must be punctual and dependable – good timekeeping is essential for thisrole.
➢ Background check required.This is a part-time position; no previous experience or qualifications are necessary as training (paid) is provided. Customer service experience is preferred, but not required.
Flat rate $175-$200 per event. See breakdown below:
Travel to venue This time is imbedded in the flat rate and mileage pay will be additional.
Assembly 1 hour
Hire # of hours (you) the Photo Booth Host has been hired for. Disassembly 45 minutes
Travel from venue is imbedded in the flat rate and mileage pay will be additional.
**All training is paid on an hourly basis of $17/hour.**
**Mileage is paid from the Epic Entertainment office (675 W. Grand Ave, Grover Beach, CA.) to the event address and back to Epic Entertainment (mileage is calculated at $0.655 per mile)**
Perfect attendance and timeliness are a must – clients don’t like lateness!